So what has been going on in your classrooms?
Any technology celebrations?
Please post a comment if you would like to share some ideas.
I know that Misha and I did an entirely video based health storyline in the fall. Alicia's new science storyline is also centered around kid created videos.
This video was made with iMovie. I used garage band to extract the music from a science video. The background pictures were pulled off the internet and the students were filmed in front of a green screen. That is one of the cool advanced features with iMovie. There is so much storyline potential with the green screen. Ask me how to do it - I'll even loan you my green background.
This animation was created by the students with a program called "Animationish." You can purchase it off the internet or download a free version that you can use for two weeks. Drawing using a computer mouse is kind of difficult for second graders, so we used the smartboard.
More tech around the building...
Becky D. has been experimenting with edumoto, a social learning networking site sort of like facebook for parents and teachers.
Check out J.J.'s class website where he has posted some kid created podcasts. Students discussed the geothermal features at Yellowstone Park. They used garageband to edit and publish their podcasts. Cool! I know that they have done some storyline podcasts this year as well.
A lot of teachers have started booking biweekly times in the computer lab in order to make sure their students have a chance to dabble in some new projects. I'd love to hear about how they are using the lab and gather some useful ideas for other classrooms.
Here is a link to Highland Teacher websites. There are some great ideas and resources in there!
http://bit.ly/eHVGlf
No comments:
Post a Comment